- Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
- Delayed Day Bell Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- GRAMMY Foundation awards grant to growing MHS band program
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC cadets earn highest finishes ever at Purdue U. competition
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
- Two MHS seniors named National Merit Scholarship finalists
- Two MHS students advance in elite national math competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- Want a 2016-17 yearbook? Order deadline is 4/1!
March 20 2017Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica inducts new members
March 16 2017MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
March 15 2017Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
March 14 2017MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
March 14 2017SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
Mar. 27, 2017
May. 15, 2017
Upward Bound Tutoring
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 6:30 PM
MHS Band Boosters meeting
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 11:29 AM
Informational meeting: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet
MHS Media Center
Attendance information and FAQ
Can my child call me when they are sick to be picked up/drive home? No, students MUST go through the school nurse. The nurse will contact you if your child needs to be picked up. If your child drives to school the school nurse will also contact you so you are aware that your child is ill and is getting sent home for the day. PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT GO THROUGH THE SCHOOL NURSE AND YOUR CHILD DIRECTLY CONTACTS YOU; IT WILL BE COUNTED AS AN UNEXCUSED ABSENCE.
In addition, please remember your child is not to use their cell phones during school hours. Before and After school only.
What is the attendance rate for seniors to participate in graduation? Senior students MUST have 90% or above attendance rate to participate/walk at graduation.
Why does my child show "truant" under attendance? If you child has missed school and you have not contacted the attendance office to report the absence, your child will be marked UNVERIFIED. All UNVERIFIED absences become TRUANCIES after 6 days.
Parents please remember to contact the attendance when your child will be out.
Parents, the attendance office would greatly appreciate your help to see that your child arrives at school on time. We see way too many late students each day.
If you call the attendance office and let us know that you need to pick up your child/children at a certain time, we will have them ready for you. Students can be picked up at the main front doors of MHS or at the Freshman Center doors.
Please call 664-9051, ext. 2321 or ext. 2527.