- Delayed Day Bell Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
- MHS Hall of Distinction nominations due May 10
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
- Registration now open for MHS summer classes
- Seniors, you voted! The results are in!
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- Want a 2016-17 yearbook? Order by 5/24!
April 28 2017Sirens will sound as Code Prom illustrates dangers of drunken driving
April 28 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
April 28 2017Annual Senior Citizens Prom at MHS coming up 5/13
April 28 2017MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
April 27 2017BAND STUDENTS: RSVP for banquet due by Friday 4/28!
Apr. 29, 2017
Apr. 29, 2017
On stage: Disney's High School Musical
Walton Center @ MHS
May. 1, 2017
May. 15, 2017
Upward Bound Tutoring
May. 1, 2017
@ 1:30 PM
MHS gym / parking lot
Attendance information and FAQ
Can my child call me when they are sick to be picked up/drive home? No, students MUST go through the school nurse. The nurse will contact you if your child needs to be picked up. If your child drives to school the school nurse will also contact you so you are aware that your child is ill and is getting sent home for the day. PLEASE REMEMBER IF YOUR CHILD DOES NOT GO THROUGH THE SCHOOL NURSE AND YOUR CHILD DIRECTLY CONTACTS YOU; IT WILL BE COUNTED AS AN UNEXCUSED ABSENCE.
In addition, please remember your child is not to use their cell phones during school hours. Before and After school only.
What is the attendance rate for seniors to participate in graduation? Senior students MUST have 90% or above attendance rate to participate/walk at graduation.
Why does my child show "truant" under attendance? If you child has missed school and you have not contacted the attendance office to report the absence, your child will be marked UNVERIFIED. All UNVERIFIED absences become TRUANCIES after 6 days.
Parents please remember to contact the attendance when your child will be out.
Parents, the attendance office would greatly appreciate your help to see that your child arrives at school on time. We see way too many late students each day.
If you call the attendance office and let us know that you need to pick up your child/children at a certain time, we will have them ready for you. Students can be picked up at the main front doors of MHS or at the Freshman Center doors.
Please call 664-9051, ext. 2321 or ext. 2527.