- Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
- Delayed Day Bell Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- GRAMMY Foundation awards grant to growing MHS band program
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC cadets earn highest finishes ever at Purdue U. competition
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
- Two MHS seniors named National Merit Scholarship finalists
- Two MHS students advance in elite national math competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- Want a 2016-17 yearbook? Order deadline is 4/1!
March 20 2017Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica inducts new members
March 16 2017MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
March 15 2017Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
March 14 2017MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
March 14 2017SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
Mar. 27, 2017
May. 15, 2017
Upward Bound Tutoring
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 6:30 PM
MHS Band Boosters meeting
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 11:29 AM
Informational meeting: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet
MHS Media Center
Battalion Commander: The commander and most senior cadet is in charge of everything in the battalion. Usually, a Battalion Commander holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. The requirements for the position are amazing leadership abilities and the ability to set the example for all cadets. The Senior Army Instructor will choose cadets for this position.
Command Sergeant Major: In charge of all the NCOs and the representative of the enlisted personal. They make sure the enlisted cadets are being treated fairly and can get the job that the officers give them done when they are needed. They are masters of Drill and ceremony. He should be able to instruct cadets on the various Drill commands
.Executive Officer: The second in command of the battalion is in charge of staff and anything that the staff is in charge of. The Executive Officer normally holds the rank of Major. The requirements for the position are amazing leadership skills and the ability to set the example for all cadets and cope with a lot of stress. The Senior Army Instructor will choose cadets for this position.
Adjutant Officer (S1): The leader of everything to do with information on the cadets and in charge of making sure that names, ranks, gender, etc., of each cadet is inputted into the JUMS system.
Security Officer (S2): In charge of the well-being of the cadets and other delicate material and making sure it is all accounted for.
Operations Officer (S3): The leader of all operations is in charge of important events, including Veterans Day, Field Day, the JROTC banquet, etc.
Logistics Officer (S4): In charge of all material, including uniforms, and making sure cadets have the materials and supplies needed for all events.
Publicity Officer (S5): In charge of making sure all JROTC events are known to the public and making sure we can contact our external sources.
Special Projects Officer (S6): Officer in charge of Community Services within the program. They assist with getting volunteers for various events that JROTC hosts.
First Sergeant: In charge of the everyday routine in the battalion.
MHS Battalion Staff
In a battalion we have six positions that are among the most important: This is the staff. They are in charge of all parts of the battalion, depending on their position in staff. (See Job Descriptions page for more information.) The staff consists of the Battalion Executive Officer (XO) and the S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, and S6 each of which also have an assistant.
Giant Battalion Staff:
Command Sergeant Major: Command Sergeant Major Stephanie Charlton
Adjutant Officer (S1): First Lieutenant Jada Flowers
Security Officer (S2): First Lieutenant Jenna Mauller
Operations Officer (S3): First Lieutenant Thomas Schenck
Logistics Officer (S4): First Lieutenant Taylor Sorah
Publicity Officer (S5): First Lieutenant Adriana Aleman
Special Projects NCO (S6): Staff Sergeant Gavin Goins