Frequently Asked Questions

What times does school start when there is a 2 hour delay? 
School will begin at 10:50 a.m. on any day that there is a 2 hour delay.
Where do I get a work permit and what do I need to bring?  
You get work permits at MHS in the Student Services office.  If you are a student at MHS, you will need nothing.  Otherwise, you will need an Indiana ID/birth certificate and the employer provided form.  Please remember that a parent’s signature is required.

How do I enroll my student at MHS? 
Please bring all student records from the last school attended, if at all possible. If you do not have your child’s records, we will fax the exiting school for your child's record/health information.  After information has been received (generally 2/4 days); we will call you to set up an appointment with your child’s counselor to get enrolled. 

What are my child’s fees? 
Your child’s fees will depend on the classes he/she will be taking. However, at the time of enrollment a minimum fee of $50.00 is due. 

Does MCS offer early enrollment? 
Yes we do.  Please contact Student Services at MHS to get an appointment with a school counselor.   

What do I need to do to withdraw my student? 
You will need to come into the building to withdraw your child/children.  At that time, withdrawal papers will be processed,  locker should be cleaned out; and return any books along with any band instruments, JROTC uniforms, and any other classroom items that you have been given for that class.   Fees will also be processed at this time.

What number do I call to get a bus for my child/children? 
The Transportation Department’s number is 664-4237. 

I have moved. Where can I get my child’s new bus information?  First you will need to contact your child’s home school to up-date his/her records.  After you have spoken to their home school, you can contact the Transportation Department, 664-4237, for your child’s new bus information. 

How do I get a transcript and what is the cost? 
You may obtain your official transcript from Marion High School by mail or by visiting our Student Services office at MHS. Click here for more information.

How can I report bullying, theft or other threats to students' safety?
The best thing to do is to contact the principal at your child's school. An official, written report is the best way to help us keep our students and staff as safe as possible. For more information on our bullying policy or to download report forms, click here. However, MCS also has a Student/School Safety Hotline: Click here for more information on how to report tips via phone or email.