- Delayed Day Bell Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
- MARK YOUR CALENDAR: Kindness Rally set for 5/12
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS Academic Giants headed to state with perfect math score
- MHS Hall of Distinction nominations due May 10
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
- Registration now open for MHS summer classes
- Seniors, you voted! The results are in!
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- Want a 2016-17 yearbook? Order by 5/24!
April 28 2017Sirens will sound as Code Prom illustrates dangers of drunken driving
April 28 2017MARK YOUR CALENDAR: All-City Art Show (5/12 & 5/13)
April 28 2017Annual Senior Citizens Prom at MHS coming up 5/13
April 28 2017MHS senior named Indiana Academic All-Star
April 27 2017BAND STUDENTS: RSVP for banquet due by Friday 4/28!
May. 1, 2017
May. 15, 2017
Upward Bound Tutoring
May. 1, 2017
@ 1:30 PM
MHS gym / parking lot
May. 2, 2017
@ 10:00 AM
Walton Center @ MHS
**NOTE: Are you a 21st CENTURY SCHOLAR? If so, there are three things you must do to get your 21st Century Scholarship:
* Have a 2.0 GPA or higher
* Complete a FAFSA by the March deadline (more info coming).
* Attend one Affirmation Meeting this school year. NO AFFIRMATION, NO SCHOLARSHIP! See your guidance counselor if you have questions.
All seniors are encouraged to take the SAT. For more information, click here.
Seniors can also sign up to take the ACT. For more information, click here.
It is for students to stay on track for graduation. Each diploma requires different requirements for students to complete. Do you know which diploma you are working toward? (Parents, do you know which diploma your students are working toward?) Click HERE, for more information.
Do you need your class rank? Cumulative GPA? The Guidance Department can provide this for you!
Students, do you need a transcript sent to a college or university? Requesting transcripts is free and easy. It's quick, safe, easy, and its online! Click here for more information.
SENIOR YEAR TIME LINE
Time went fast, but now you are a senior! There are several important things to remember to do this year. Here is a helpful senior year timeline to help you and your student get organized this year.
- Sign up for the SAT and/or ACT
- Get a fee waiver from counselor if needed
- Get recommendation letters from teachers, coaches, employers, etc.
- Plan to visit a college (or more) during your next long weekend or break
- Take the SAT
- Work on admissions essays
- Attend college fairs
- Participate in SAT/ACT prep class
- Research possible scholarships - start here, on the MHS website! Click here for more information.
- Sign up for a PIN, to complete your FAFSA online
- Meet with college advisors
- Meet with college representatives at Marion High School
- Keep track of testing deadlines
- Watch for early admissions deadlines
- If you're a 21st Century Scholar, watch for news of the MHS Affirmation Meeting
- Start Community Foundation Scholarship application
- Take the ACT
- Use the holiday break to complete essays and applications
- Study for finals
- End of First semester
- Continue researching scholarships - and make sure you're meeting application deadlines!
- Start reviewing for AP exams
- Make sure you are on track for graduation
- Send your mid-year high school transcripts, if necessary, to colleges
- Check out financial aid options through the college of your choice
- This month is the deadline for many college admission applications, make sure you are on top of your application deadlines!
- Have you been accepted to college? If so, set up a day to visit and tour the campus
- Time to hunt for a summer job
- Be on the look out for college acceptance letters
- Make sure you have completed your FAFSA by the March deadline!
- If you are a 21st Century Scholar, make sure you have completed your 21st Century Affirmation before the deadline!
- If you haven’t done so, it is time to make an enrollment decision
- Continue researching financial aid information
- Sign up for June SAT
- Be aware of summer orientation sessions
- Prepare a realistic school budget
- Notify your counselor of your college selections and the scholarships you received
- Prepare for graduation!
- Take the SAT
- Start preparing for college!