- Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
- Delayed Day Bell Schedules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Giants spirit pins now available - get yours today!
- GRAMMY Foundation awards grant to growing MHS band program
- MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
- MHS jazz band earns 3rd straight ISSMA gold
- MHS JROTC cadets earn highest finishes ever at Purdue U. competition
- MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
- MHS musicians earn gold at ISSMA state solo & ensemble contest
- MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
- School year calendars approved for 2017-18 and 2018-19
- SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
- Two MHS seniors named National Merit Scholarship finalists
- Two MHS students advance in elite national math competition
- VIDEO: WIWU-TV features the Giant Bistro
- Want a 2016-17 yearbook? Order deadline is 4/1!
March 20 2017Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica inducts new members
March 16 2017MHS JROTC program earns highest rating from Army
March 15 2017Celebrate spring at the MHS planetarium
March 14 2017MCS bullying prevention program earns national award
March 14 2017SENIORS: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet info
Mar. 27, 2017
May. 15, 2017
Upward Bound Tutoring
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 6:30 PM
MHS Band Boosters meeting
Mar. 28, 2017
@ 11:29 AM
Informational meeting: 3.5 Academic Honors Banquet
MHS Media Center
News for Marion High School
MHS students earn honors at regional art competition
Greer Decker, an MHS junior, earned four Gold Keys, for her works titled "They're Here", "Doll Face", "The Battle", and "Unexpected End", which appear below, from top down. She also earned an Honorable Mention for her work titled "Long Forgotten", which appears below, at bottom.
Shyan Artis, an MHS senior, earned a Gold Key award for her drawing titled "Blue" (below left), and she earned a Silver Key for her drawing titled "Shyan" (below right).
Courtney Hiles also earned a Gold Key award for her sculpture "Today's Dress" (below top), and earned an Honorable mention for her sculpture "Lazy Day Chair" (below bottom). It was the second year in a row Courtney earned a Scholastic Art award. She earned in Honorable Mention in 2016.
The museum’s scholastic competition involves 52 counties in northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio, and all artworks will be on display at the museum, 311 E. Main St., Fort Wayne, from Feb. 12 through April 9. For museum hours, admission fees and directions, click here to visit the museum’s website.
All pieces that earned a Gold Key will be part of a competition in New York this spring. According to the FWMoA website, the high caliber of entries into the Fort Wayne competition has propelled the region to be one of the top regions for national awards given in the past few years.